The Department of Primary Health Care is mandated and shouldered with the following responsibilities among other:
- Shall be the Head of the Primary Health Care Department of the Local Government-
- Co-ordinate all Primary Health Care activities in the Local Government Area.
- Supervises all areas involved in the provision of Primary
- Health Care at the Local Government
- Shall be the chief Health Adviser to the Local
- Ensure that Primary health care activities laid down in the plan are complied with, publishes monthly and annual Health Statements of the local government Liaises with other Agencies, and non-Govemmental Organizations on issues relating to Health in the Local Government
- Departmental Vote Controller
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.